Monday, January 31, 2011

Strange Underbed Fellows

It is just plain gloomy outside the Lilac Thicket today.  The snow is almost gone, just in time for the ice storm and 6"-12" of snow they are talking about.  That darn Bryan Busby!  Someone should have his job for this, this...travesty!

So it is the last day of the month, January went by very quickly and February is just hours away.  January has been a good and bad month, but I think the good out weighs the bad.

The Lilac Thicket has been rocking out!  I bought this wonderful Time/Life Rock Music Collection and it is SO great!  I have been rocking out to ALL the great groups of the 70's & 80's.  My li'l old Honda is rocking and rolling all the way to work.  I open the door or trunk and wonderful music tumbles out!  Am I cool or what?  I mean I have it all, cute hair, great music!  It makes me want to weep! 
Okay gentle readers, it is official.  My Stuffed Spud Soup from the above recipe collection was a hit at work yesterday!  Yes indeed, it made it up to work intact in the zip lock bag, which was emptied into the crock pot once I got there.  Here is the platinum recipe:


 Stuffed Spud Soup

2lbs frozen hash browns (I use Mr. Dells)
½ cup butter
½ cup chopped green onions
1-10oz can cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 cups Half 'n Half or milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
parsley flakes or chopped chives for garnish


Saute onion in butter, add soup, half 'n half and thawed potatoes. Stir in cheese and heat gently. Garnish and serve. Serves 8-10


My Notes: I just throw everything in the crock pot and heat it up.  I don't let it "cook" long.  This is so good and I make it with Half 'n Half and butter not margarine. 



Okay, I know without any doubt that the curiosity of my gentle readers has been piqued, not only with the title of today's missive but also the odd picture above.  I ask you, what does a back scratcher, a pair of ice shoes and a pink bra have in common?  That is such a good question and all 3 had been missing for suspiciously the same length of time.  Well yesterday when searching for my faux Crocs under the bed I found this trio huddled together.  Oh my gosh...Ménage à trois, right under my very self, while my pure minded self slept innocently above!  What is going on in my home?  What immoral acts are being perpetrated while I am at work?  Has it tainted my girlz innocence?  I will tell you, if this is going on under my nose or literally, my bed, in the most chaste of homes, what in heaven's name is going on in your homes?  Please, I am not trying to frighten my gentle readers, I am forewarning them, the evil is stealthily slithering into your community, your neighborhood and your home!  Be vigilant my faithful friends, be vigilant.  For now the fornicators are separated but I assure you I will be closely monitoring the trio from now on!

So my dear beloved gentle readers I will close out this entry and in doing so, put to bed, so to speak, the month of January in the year of our Lord 2011.  Next you hear from me I may be buried in the Lilac Thicket under a glacier of snow!  God Bless us, everyone!


No comments: