Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year & New Goals

Happy New Year to all.  So here I sit at work.  I would rather be at home stitching.  I stitched and stitched yesterday and went to take a pic of my progress and couldn't find my camera.  I am so upset.  I will look more when I get home this evening.

Hobby Lobby has Simplicity patterns on sale for 99¢.  There is a limit of 10, I have just browsed Simplicity's web site and have my 10 that I want.  I also purchased the Winter catalog from Simplicity.  I love looking at those things.  Can't wait to get it.  I am going to have my Mom take my measurements so I have an idea which size I now wear instead of guessing.  I did notice as I was perusing the fashions how much they remind me of the 60's.  Last year it was the 70's, next year will probably be the 80's.  My thing is feminine styles, I love lace and ruffles, not boxy, shapeless styles.

Okay, so what's with the belly dancer picture above, I hear you asking.  The local parks and recs is offering belly dancing lessons and I think I want to take them.  I would love to be able to move my hips like a belly dancer, so seductive and intriguing!  What do you think of that?  Before you know it I will be wearing a jewel in my navel and sporting a sequined bra and a skirt made up of not quite see thru scarves!  Oh my the men will be trailing after me with their jaws hanging open, LOL!!!

New Years Resolutions, well I do want to continue on my healthy path, drinking at least one glass of water a day and walking at least once a week.  I think I want to get a stationary bike to wheel myself around in front of the television thru the winter cold and spring rain.  Of course organizing and cleaning my home.  I want to continue to read at least 1 book a month. No gossiping and I am starting that here at work today, minding my business, keeping my mouth shut.  I want to work at paying off my 401K loans this year.  I want to remain calm and let everything up to God to take care of.  I want to enjoy my life and be more positive.  I want to be really creative, watch less television, pay my bills on time and keep my business mine.  Big goals, but I know I can do it.

I am bummed that I couldn't take a pic of my progress on my needlework project, I know that camera is somewhere here in the cold tundra of our Lilac Thicket.  Please have a good 2011 and dream big!

No comments: