Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Blue Day

Dear Gentle Readers, I am quite blue today, feeling very sad and lonely.  I know why but it's not appropriate to post here.  I am glad I prepared something for the Thicket's posting today.  The sun is in and out and it is cold.  I am dressed but don't want to go to work, I can not hardly face dealing with people today.  The good news is I don't have to work for 3 whole days, starting tomorrow.  I was getting dressed and that big goofy pooh, April, came in to give me some loving and she just can't hold that licker of hers.  When she got done, my tummy had bits of dirt and leaf on it, Lord knows what she was eating out there.  Oh dear puppy, that made me smile.  Oh yes,  I can encircle my right wrist with the thumb and middle finger of my left hand with a twee bit of excess, exciting indeed.

No stitching done today or yesterday but I am looking forward to stitching my head off this weekend.  God Bless all my Lilac Thicket visitors and I did find the following interesting items on the 'net yesterday.  God Bless us all.
 http://crossstitch.about.com/od/community/tp/2011-About-Com-Cross-Stitch-Calendar.htm



You will find yourself a really neat stitching calendar at About.com. Each month has a small pattern plus each day has a little tick box that you can mark if you stitched that day. How cute to put these in a little notebook to keep track of your stitching events and even your stitching rotation or keep track of time spent stitching.



 http://cuteeverything.com/cute/food-fun/snowman-party-stew/



Isn’t that the cutest bowl of stew you have ever seen? The recipe is available at the above site. I just keep thinking it would be too cute to dig into! Don’t cha love the creative minds of some women, just amazing!



http://brassyapple.blogspot.com/2011/01/diy-sweater-pillows-cozy-up.html



These are adorable and made out of old sweaters and NO SEWING. I have several old sweaters in my wardrobe that I can’t wear anymore because they have holes in them or are stretched out and now I know why I couldn’t part with them. Follow the link for the tutorial! She even shows how to make the rosettes out of the sweater cuffs! I love this!!!!!!!!!!

***************************************

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love ya.

Don't dogs just brighten the day??

I hope you are ok.