Monday, January 17, 2011

Super Snackie Poohs & Savory Lace Skirt

So today I wanted to talk about my snacking!  For over a year now I have found out that I am a snacker!  I love snacking on things through-out my day.  I have found some good tasting snacks that really have taken the place of bags of Reese's, chips & dip, chocolate cakes, half gallons of ice cream and on and on.  One of the things that I like about the individually packaged snacks, like the 100 calorie snack packs, is that it makes me aware of how much I am eating.  I don't look down and discover that the 12oz bag of peanut M&M's is gone. 

The 100 calorie Oreo Dipped Delight Bars are awesome.  They are a great blast of chocolate and one goes to work in my lunch bag every day. 6 individually wrapped bars come in a box and I paid a sale price of $2.50.

Nabisco Lorna Doone 100 calorie cookies are good.  I prefer the Pepperidge Farm Chessman 100 calorie paks but my HyVee isn't carrying them anymore. The Lorna Doones have 6 paks in a box and generally there are about 11 small cookies in a pak.  These were also on sale for $2.50

The Kellogg's Fiber Plus Chewy Bars, the chocolate chip type are so good.  They are chewy and I have just recently found them.  I buy the box with 10 bars for $4.99 because I eat them daily and they are a better value than the 5 pak box. Each bar has 120 calories.  I have one each morning to break my fast.
The HyVee Rice Crisps, I am going to try.  I really like the Quaker Caramel Corn brand and I want to see if these are equally as good.  There is more in the HyVee bag which is 7oz, the Quaker brand is only 3.5oz.  8 crisps are 60 calories, so you could have double that with relatively few calories.  The cost was 2.49 and there about 13-8 crisp servings in each HyVee bag.  I package 8 in a sandwich bag and throw them in my lunch bag.

Okay, those Weight Watcher English Toffee Crunch Ice Cream bars are AWESOME!  There are 12 ice cream bars in a box.  You have to try them.  I love to have one of these after work each night.  Love 'em!!!!  The box costs me $3.99.  Each bar is 100 calories!

I love the Jello Tapioca Fat Free Pudding Snacks.  There are 6-4oz cups, each 100 calories.  I take one to work with me, but sometimes it comes back home because I get full.  A 6 pak costs 2.77.  I am going to try the Cinnamon Rice pudding.  Just bought some yesterday.

I love, love, love Anderson Erickson Yo-Lite Yogurt!  It is thick and creamy and comes in a variety of flavors.  Each container is 6oz and has 80 calories.  One shopping trip I accidentally picked up the regular AE yogurt and it was awful!  I took 1 bite and threw it away!  Now Anderson Erickson may be a local dairy I don't know, but their skim milk is wonderful and doesn't make your cold cereal go soggy instantly, which I hate soggy Cheerios!  Oh yes the yogurt is 3/$2.19 and is on sale often.

Okay, this is the fluid that must pump thru my arteries, Diet Pepsi!  Zero calories and it is the nectar of the Greek Gods!  Love it!  Portion control and variety have been the keys to my success in losing weight and regaining my energy and positive attitude.  I would love to hear from others, their recommendations to snackie type foods that you like. 
Since I am all girl and love all that is girlish and feminine I found this tutorial for a beautiful black lace over white skirt!  Oh my gosh I could see it worn with a black silk or satin camisole top!  The tutorial to this elastic waist skirt can be found at http://www.theidearoom.net/ !

I pin curled my hair, so will have darling cute hair today!  It is about time once again for me to take all the bobby pins out!  I bought a new shampoo and conditioner yesterday.  I will review it tomorrow.  So here at the Lilac Thicket one pooh is snoring behind me and the other is outside laying in the snow!  Don't ask...  God Bless us everyone!

No comments: