Monday, January 24, 2011

Reflections of 54

Good morning from a sunny and warm (14°) Lilac Thicket.  We have two snoring poohs and a Scentsy warmer with Silhouette scent wafting about our bare branches.  I have been up since about 5am.  My old lady pooh went into the computer room and the door swung shut and bless her little orange nose she was trapped.  "Woof"....."Woof"..."WOOF".  I guess being a stupid human I am supposed to discern the inflection of the woof in my sleep and hop right to it!  In my sleepy state and in the dark I am walking into walls and tripping over the younger pooh trying to figure out where the "Woof" is coming from.  Thankfully I found Rose just in the nick of time, Lord only knows how much longer her stubborn self could have held out without comfort of her water or a soft cushion to lie on!  I do think she may be scarred for the rest of her poohberry life...such a terrible, horrific event to happen to such an innocent!  She is tuckered out and the snores eminating from her are shaking the very windows in the sills!

The progress on my ANN "A Christmas Tree" may or may not be evident from the above picture.  I did work on it yesterday and a bit on Saturday.  I want to start on a darling little design, a complimentary one offered by Tanya at At the Honeysuckle Tree, better known as The Sampler Girl.  She has a nice little design honoring the wonderful PBS Masterpiece series, Downton Abbey!  Are you watching it?  I love it!  My Grandma Roberts was 10 in 1913 and my Grandma Russell was just a year old!  Of course this takes place in England and my Grandmas were living in Illinois in 1913.  You can see the first 3 episodes online at PBS.  Oh, the link to Tanya's blog is: http://atthehoneysuckletree.blogspot.com/
Maybe you have realized I love all that is heart shaped!  The above pic is of a wonderful wreath made up of roses constructed of gathered fabric.  I love this!  Here is the link to the tutorial,  http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-fabric-flower-valentine-wreath.html .
So this old gal will be 54 this week!  I can't believe it, where have 54 years gone?  I still feel like a 6 year old little girl inside.  I don't look 54 and I suppose that is good.  When did I get so vain?  I guess maybe I have always had that vanity in me, but I don't flaunt it.  My hair is sporting more and more grey and more and more wrinkles are cropping up, I know some of that has to do with my weight loss but most of my wrinkles are around my eyes and under my chin.  I don't envy the young, I wouldn't want to be 16 or 30 or even 42 again.  I like the wisdom I have obtained from living 54 years.  Not all parts of my journey have been pleasant, especially when I was growing up.  I do have a terrific Mother, she is everything you would want in a good mother.  I have wonderful brothers and a super sister, all younger than me but they and my mother have been lovingly beside me to help me thru the tough times and the joyful times.  I never had children but I would have been a good mother, just like my mom was.  That was God's choice for me though, He had other lessons for me to learn in the past 54 years.  One marriage which didn't work out because I picked the wrong person, don't think there will be another marriage, but I am open to it should a good man come into my life.  I know I don't want to live another 54 years and only the Lord knows the time and day that my earthly life will end, but I fear not, He has me in His loving hands.  I do know I will enjoy this life, this crazy patch quilt life.  So much sorrow but that makes the joys even sweeter!  God bless us everyone!

No comments: