Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Six Impossible Thoughts

 As you can see there is definitely some progress on my ANN "A Christmas Tree" after the unfortunate frogging incident last week.  Progress is slow but progress none the less!
 I ventured up to Hobby Lobby, my first shopping trip post Christmas.  Talk about a zoo, people everywhere hunting for Christmas bargains for next year.  I bought my floss for the Lilipoint Christmas design which I received last week and I found the cutest freebie, 3 egg shaped chickies dressed for Christmas, and I purchased the DMC for it too.  I found the cutest buttons...they are 2¼" in diameter and they are saucer shaped.  I was thinking cute tie backs for curtains.  Then I got some yellow tissue paper to make rosettes, like the ones pictured below on the cone on the left.  I have never made them before but I found some directions at http://icingdesignsonline.blogspot.com/2010/08/diy-tissue-paper-rosettes.html .  The ones I want to make however use a strip of paper 1½" wide.  I have ideas for making an ivy garland with paper rosettes and satin ribbon.  Remember my wanting to beautify my home?  'nuff said!  LOL!
I was up late over the weekend, got up because I couldn't sleep and I happened onto the new Alice in Wonderland with Johnnie Depp (who I do not like because of his progressive swill).  I was mesmerized by the wonderful visual effects, it was amazing!  I think I might have to purchase it because I was that enthralled.  Something in the dialog of Alice, a comment she made, she said she had 6 impossible thoughts each day and all before breakfast.  I thought WOW, I would have a hard time coming up with 6 for one year.  Here are my  6 Impossible Thoughts for 2010!

1)  It would be impossible for me to lose weight.
2)  It would be impossible for me to be happy.
3)  It would be impossible for me to feel better.
4)  It would be impossible for me to manage my money.
5)  It would be impossible for me to stay one more year at a job I hate.
6)  It would be impossible for a wonderful man to fall in love with me.

Well, all I can say is that in 2010 the impossible was possible in my life.  I challenge you to come up with your own 6 impossible thoughts about 2010.

All of you have a wonderfully impossible day with all the loveliness of possibilities, I know Rose, April and I shall, here in the beautiful winter wonderland of our Lilac Thicket. God Bless Us ALL!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, SIL isn't really sweet. The bag was on sale and she decided that it wasn't big enough for her. LOL She is a horrible shop a holic.

I didn't think I would be able to make it thru 2010 living here, but I did. Lots of thanks to wonderful pals like you. You help make my life better.

Love ya!