Thursday, December 23, 2010

Handmade Christmas card & dreams of 2011

 I received in the mail yesterday a beautiful Christmas card from my little sister!  She handmade it!  Isn't it beautiful?  It is hard to see but the steel blue and dark blue circles around the snowflake are die cut, raising them up and giving it dimension.  I love it and it is special.  You may ask why the KC logo?  Okay it is a shameless plug for my Kansas City Chiefs, LOL!  I wanted a little color behind the card so I picked up a reusable market bag that was handy! 
Do you see this mess?  In this mess find the sewing machine?  LOL!! One goal for 2011 is to organize my crafts and beautify my home, I think it is safe to say if I organize this mess it will go a long way to beautifying my home.  I won't EVEN take a pic of my needlework room.  I would be too ashamed to post it.  If I get organized it would be so much easier to be creative and even more budget friendly as I will not have to go out and purchase something I know I have....somewhere!  I have a couple of plastic drawer storage containers on wheels in the closet and I need to put them to better use!  I am getting excited thinking about it. 

Speaking about organizing, I have added several blogs I follow now into my blog list.  I think that will allow me to spend time between calls at work reading them.  I think that is a very good use of my time at work while I am waiting to work.  A lot of things are blocked on the Internet from my work station which is fine, but the blogs aren't, WAHOO-O-O!!

I put about 2 stitches in my Christmas Tree design last night but my eyes just couldn't take it so I put it down. Yesterday I did find a couple of new designers (to me) yesterday and at both blogs there were cute free designs. The photos below were featured at http://freebiegallery.blogspot.com/.




This lovely little design is offered with another that says "Merry Christmas" at http://smalltownstitchin.blogspot.com/ .


The above darling design is offered at http://theprimitivehare.blogspot.com/ .  You must take a look at this blog too!

Today is a blessed day here at the Lilac Thicket.  2 days before we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour I pray for your peace of mind and good health for you and your loved ones!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!

Love ya!