Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ghosts, Pirates, Harry, Gas & Muffins


I just wanted to see if this blog would upload an image from my Flickr account and it did. The mittens are a creation of mine from a contest I entered. The name of the mittens are "It's Snow Cold". I did some stitching on Bootscornu last night but I turned out the lights so no Trick or Treaters would knock. I sat there to watch my Ghost Hunters and really hoped that I would be able to stay up close to 4 or 5 hours of the Live broadcast. Yes I am a lightweight, I lasted 1 hour 45 minutes. Fortunately, they are having a recap and the results of this Fort Delaware investigation next Wednesday.

Woke up to a thick fog which probably would have been more appropriate last night! So far the work day has gone quite quickly. I have been thru my e-mails and checked out new needlework stash. Most conversations here at work bore me. There are a couple of people who I enjoy talking with. I don't like to talk about other people or partying or shopping (unless it has to do with needlework or thrift shops).

I have decided who I am going to vote for president.......Harry Truman! Yes, we need his straight forward talk and action! I wonder what he would think of our political leadership today?

Gasoline is really down. I saw it for 1.87/per gallon yesterday in Independence. I never thought it would come down that low again. I heard someone on the radio this morning saying we only have enough oil in the ground for 10 more years. I wondered how this person could say that. Scientists have no idea where oil comes from, if it regenerates or is finite, so how could anyone with any intelligence say there is only 10 years of oil left on this planet? One of the outer planets (I don't remember which) has a sea of oil on it, so, with so much unknown about this petroleum product you would have to be a fool to predict when it will run out.

I really want to fry up some potatoes and onions tonight. Doesn't that sound good? I love fried pototoes, well potatoes anyway they can be fixed. I look like a potato.

I added some Sue Hillis pirate designs to my wish list. Gosh I adore the pirate Santa. I would really like to stitch up "Pillage & Plunder" for my brother Rick!

Some really yummy sounding muffins at
http://quietrest.blogspot.com/ . The recipe is entered on October 31st and it is called "Muffins That Taste Like Donuts". Doesn't that sound good! I want to try those along with a recipe for Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins which is notated below. A team mate at work made them and said they are a big hit at her house.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins

Combine and beat:
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
pinch salt

Beat in separate bowl:
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1 tsp. baking sodaFill tins 1/3 full of chocolate. Drop large spoonful of cream cheese filling in each. Cook 20 minutes at 325 degrees F. Makes 12 delicious muffins!

So I think that is all for today. I wish I was home at the Lilac Thicket but I am here at work. God Bless! Happy Stitching and baking!

No comments: