Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mom, Pumpkin Dump Cake & Good Night




Good EARLY Morning! I woke up and visited the little stitchers room and the girls thought it was time to get up and go outside and visit the little puppies facilities. I was wide awake and so I thought I would blog.
I took Monday off because it was my Mother's 72nd birthday. Since my mother doesn't want anything but time with her children I spent the day with her. I got there at 9:30a.m and stitched on Bootscornu while Mom and Auntie Sue kabitzed over the latest card making project they are working on. About 11:30 I began mixing the pumpkin dump cake (recipe follows) and Auntie Sue left at noon. I had taken deli meat and cheese over with her favorite bread, sour dough, and we had a sandwich and talked. While the pumpkin dump cake cooled she dragged out all her wonderful Tuesday Morning bargains she had found for her cardmaking and we properly oh-h-h'ed and ah-h-h'ed over them. We then had a piece of the most wonderful dump cake and then moved to the front room to watch the redecorating programs on HGTV and kabitz about what we liked and didn't like about the projects. At 4p.m. I gathered my stuff and buzzed home. I really enjoyed my time with my Mom and she enjoyed her gift of ME!
Pumpkin Dump Cake –TF
1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 package yellow cake mix or spice cake mix
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan. In a bowl, mix everything except last 3 ingredients. Pour in pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top of pumpkin, then sprinkle nuts over mix. Drizzle butter all over nut & mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Edges will be light brown. Good served warm or cold with Cool Whip or Whipped Cream. Note: I prefer it warm. Just zap in the microwave. I used 3 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon/ginger/cloves. I used a spice cake mix instead of the yellow.
I found a really neat website called The Cutest Blog on the Block. http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/ They offer 288 different backgrounds for your blog and they are really easy to use. They remind me of scrapebook page backgrounds. I really had fun looking at all of them and trying to decide which to use. My monitor at work is much bigger than my monitor at home so if you have a smaller monitor you won't see as much of the background on your blog.
I will sign off for now here at the Lilac Thicket and maybe try to fall back asleep. Sweet Dreams!

No comments: