Sunday, November 16, 2008

Villainy & Movies

God Sunday Morning! No that isn't a type -o, isn't that what Sunday is, God's Day, a good day? I would love to be in several other places besides work, but, I am Blessed to have a job, one that pays well! The above book is one that I want to purchase. I was listening to Coast to Coast AM as I do every morning when I wake up and dally about getting ready for work. Well this morning author Nina Burleigh was on and she was talking about this book which deals with the forgery of Holy artifacts. You may remember recently the controversy about the Jesus Ossuary? It is fascinating to me. I dislike people lying and trying to hoodwink for profit but it is especially distasteful when it deals with their spiritual icons. Come payday this is a book I want to purchase.

I have done a bit of stitching on my Bootscornu but that was Sunday. I meant to pick it up yesterday when I got home from work but due to issues at work I was to agitated to concentrate. I watch a silly Eddie Murphy movie called Norbit. What a talented man he is, playing 3 different characters!

Sunday I finally watched the 3 Netflix movies I had received over a month ago. I watched Journey to 10,000 B.C., Tortilla Heaven and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Tortilla Heaven was cute and the villain turned out to be working for Jesus, not Satan, like I surmised. Forgetting Sarah Marshall might have been okay it it wasn't for all the sexual innuendo and the male frontal nudity. The premise was good but it could have been better without all the sex stuff. Journey to 10,000 B.C. had been a documentary on A&E and it was interesting.

The next 3 movies I should be getting are Kung Fu Panda, My Man Godfrey and Kit Kittredge, American Girl. I hear Kung Fu Panda is cute. My Man Godfrey is the 1936 version with Carole Lombard and William Powell. It was on TMC one evening and I fell asleep at the beginning so I want to see it all!

Well, not much stitchy poo stuff today at the Lilac Thicket but maybe tomorrow. Have a God Sunday!!

No comments: