Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shame, Soup and Stitching

Okay, how is this picture associated with Thanksgiving? Well it is titled "Ham and Turkey".
We see the squeaky toy turkey leg, the other is the Ham! I didn't have ham for Thanksgiving, I had a delicious turkey and all the trimmings at my Mom's! My girlz had a lot to be thankful for, I gave them an extra beating, yes 4 beatings instead of the usual daily 3! Everyone needs to have an extra serving of whatever they love, and my girlz love their beatings.


Yesterday I make turkey and noodle soup with the turkey carcass that I brought home with my mother's blessing. I also watched 2 movies, "All That Heaven Allows" from 1955 with Jane Wyman and Rock Hudson AND "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". I really enjoyed the former and the latter was okay but predictable.


Well Wednesday I spent a great deal of the day putting together my wish list blog. I also went thru all my fabric and over-dyed flosses picking which I wanted to use for the Prairie Schooler "When Witches Go Riding". I didn't want to have to purchase anything to stitch this and I really like my choices. I am stitching it on a 28 count Cashel linen in "Taupe". I chose 5 Olde Willow colors, 1 GAST and 1 Dye Is Cast color. Dye is Cast is no longer available but Brenda had great colors. Here is what I chose and for what:

Olde Willow
American Quaker Gold (DMC 420)--leaves on tree
Society of Friends Gold (DMC 898)--Grass and pumpkin stems
Octagon Blue (DMC 898)--Most of the words in the verse
Black Cat (DMC 3371)--Silhouettes of moon, owl, cat & pumpkin in top banner, border, witch, fence, stars, fence
18th Century Rose (DMC 3826)--Inside top banner, pumpkins in grass
Gentle Arts Sampler Threads
Butternut Squash (DMC 422)--Moon, pumpkins in grass, windows in house
Dye is Cast
Hearth (DMC 3857)--House, words in verse

Of course everything is subject to change but I really like the way the colors are laying down on the taupe fabric. I have a bit stitched and what is there looks great. I do need bigger Q-Snaps though, the ones I have are about 4 inches to short both ways. When I get a bit more stitched I will take a picture and post it. I have to thank Shepherd's Bush for inspiring me to change it.

I don't have much else to gab about. I am NOT shopping for Christmas. I hate what this society has done to Christmas. I am enraged that a Wal-Mart worker was killed by idiots trying to be the first to get a "bargain" and I am furious that Wal-Mart did not take the safety of it's employees seriously. I am not a litigious person but I hope this young man whose life was stolen from him has family that sue, sue, sue Wal-Mart!! I hope that security camera's capture this incident on camera and that a lot of Wal-Mart murder shoppers go to prison. Shame on us!!!!

Well until later this Lilac Thicket resident will get back to work.

No comments: