Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Blog, Thanksgiving and Overdyed Floss


I am so excited with all the fun stuff I have found on the website "Cutest Blog on the Block". It is really fun to play with all the backgrounds and blinkees and such. Since it is free I can change the background as often as I want. With over 300 backgrounds you could change every day of the year if you wanted.



I created a new blog called Stitchy Poo Gal's Needlework Wish List. The link is to the right. I keep a list of everything I want and then forget what it looks like. So I went out on the web and saved the pictures of each item on my wish list and then I created an entry for every item I want with image, designer and title. I want to go thru each entry and explain what it is about each design that I like and how I see it finished or who I can foresee it would be enjoyed by. Of course I went to the Cutest Blog on the Block and found the perfect background for it.



I have decided that this blog is just for me, no one really cares about my stitching or my thoughts, as I am just an ordinary person. My life is ordinary with all the joys and sorrows, dreams and disappointments, questions and journeys. I want this blog for myself, to enjoy and play with. If not another human being reads or looks at it, fine. This Stitchy Poo Gal is living this life for her final reward, and that doesn't lie on this earth.



Monday morning my dearest friend Marilyn came into work and we each shared our God moments on Sunday. Her's occurred in church with smoke from the burning incense forming into the image of 6 angels rather than disseminating about the room. She wasn't the only one who noticed it but she knew they were "Gift Angels" sent to Bless all there. It was an amazing miracle and she knew I would believe every word she spoke. Our Lord is amazing and these were God's small workings that Marilyn and I experienced but they were and are huge to us.



I have pulled out all my over dyed floss and will sit down and try to find the right colors for "When Witches Ride". I pulled out some brownish fabrics, I really want something a little darker but will dig further.



The sun is shining brightly outside. It will be a gorgeous day. Tomorrow my family will be enjoying a Thanksgiving dinner that Mom is cooking. My brother and sister in law will be spending the day with her Mom, so it will be a smaller group than normal. Brother did get one deer and is wanting to get some more. He as multiple tickets according to Mom.



Well may all who read be Blessed and remember how fortunate that our ancestors chose this beautiful country to come to! Remember that Thanksgiving is a religious holiday as it commemorates the Pilgram's seeking a place where they could worship freely and without persecution. God Bless us all and God Bless the United States of America. God Bless all the troops that will not be home this holiday like my cousin Shaun who is in Iraq. With a thankful heart I will leave you here from the Lilac Thicket!

No comments: