Thursday, November 6, 2008

Leaves and Bootscornu











My front yard is a sea of leaves! I have 2 old maple trees and they are almost bare of leaves. I love watching the wind blow them around. Whirlwinds of leaves swirl around and leaves go tripping down the middle of the street. All the leaves sounds like an autumn wind chime. The squirrels are digging thru the layers of leaves looking for food and I saw a squirrel climbing up the tree with a comical amount of leaves in it's mouth to line it's nest. I love this time of year. I love to hear the leaves crunch under my feet and I love the smell of them.
I have started Bootscornu and you can see my progress thus far. I have decided to use the glow in the dark DMC for the little bit of white in the boot, candy corn and I think it will be brillant in the ghosties!
I don't have much gab today. I have been feeling a little down and out. Mom and sister are not feeling well either. Sissy has a virus and I think Mom and I are dealing with sinus issues.
I hope you are enjoying your Autumn stitching and until next time, chins are up here at my Lilac Thicket.

No comments: