Friday, October 31, 2008

A finish & more stash from a mouseless thicket

I have been an unusually snarling beast lately. I was asked to trade days off with 2 different team mates at work. My usual 3 days off were separated and that didn't allow me the luxury of a mini vacation in my work week. Plus there were other stressful situations going on at work and I was miserable! So, here I am on my Day of Mourning, yes Friday's are a day of mourning as I prepare to go back to work tomorrow. My 3 days off were restful and not particularly productive!

The above scan is of the project I started yesterday. This little design was offered to recipients of Barbara Ana's Newsletter. There were 5 little designs, each $2.50. This was the only one I liked, there is something about Witches Shoes that I like. I think it may stem from the Ruby Red Slippers from the Wizard of Oz. I wanted to stitch it on a horrible green aida (which I loved) that I had purchased some time ago. It had been ages since I worked on aida and I tell you I started stitching it and it felt so awful and stiff, I stopped. I found another horrid green lugana of unknown origin, and started stitching on that! It is much better on the hands but not as horrendous to the eye! LOL!!

So this means I did finish the Mirabilia B Fairy on Wednesday. It just needs to be washed and pressed and it is ready to go to CC & Co for framing! It really is very pretty and I am glad it is finished!

More stash was purchased at the Creative Poppy! I purchased 3 Barbara Ana Designs!
  • Be Thankful--An ear of corn with an Indian head dress and a pumpkin with a Pilgram hat
  • Thanksgiving Biscornu--Darling Pilgram girl and boy with pumpkins, crows and ears of corn
  • Haunted House--A very busy, colorful and whimsical spooky looking house
I purchased 2 Helga Mandl designs!
  • Blood Donors Wanted--Such a novel design with ghosts, skulls, webs, candy corn and blood dripping from the words "Blood Donors Wanted"
  • Halloween Ornaments--Complete collection of Halloween ornaments from the free SAL from the Yahoo Group Wonderful XS World that Helga contributed. There are 33 designs, some of my favorites are Frankenstien baby in a cradle, Stinky Witch Sock, Bats against the moon, candy corn square and on and on! There are 33 designs if I counted correctly.
I received my stash in the mail from Just Needlin'. I felt let down, don't know why, maybe because it took so long to get.
Yesterday I met 2 co-workers and Ron who was my beloved Supervisor that Caremark fired. I won't go into how poorly Caremark treats good people! Anyway we met at Jason's Deli and sat and talked, laughed and ate. It was 2 hours of great pleasure! Ron is a big guy, he has played Hagrid in a community play 4 years in a row. I sure do miss his face at work but another company has wisely hired him as a manager of an Auto Zone! He will do them proud!
I have no more mice! I am so glad! The last one was caught last Sunday and it wasn't pretty. It screamed and screamed. It made me cry. I just wanted to be rid of it, I didn't want to torture the poor thing.
Oh, here is a web site that you must visit if you long for the sweet gentleness of days long gone! It will bring you peace and a wonderful smile to your face, yes a fresh sweet attitude is what you will find at Button Willow Cottage! http://buttonwillowchronicles.typepad.com/my_weblog/
The links she has on her blog are equally as enjoyable too! There are some wonderful recipes and images to peruse!
This has been such a wonderful post for me and so sorry to sign off but I want to get to the stitching part of my day. I will be lunching with my little sister and dear mother later! Please remember to keep the peace and love of God in your heart today and always! Love always from My Lilac Thicket

No comments: