Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Too much heat, ketchup and channel changing!

It is truly a hot, sizzling summer day here in the solitudes of the beloved Lilac Thicket.  It was hot when I woke this morning and is just building up like the steam in a tea kettle.  Any moment now I expect steam to begin whistling out our ears!  I am going to sit down after penning a few genius lines and read our metropolitan newspaper and then settle in with my book.  The Left Behind Series is one of my most cherished set of books.  I have read this series through maybe 6 times or so and when I begin to feel the pressure of the world running amok, I pick them back up.
Last night I cooked up Tilapia on a bed of onions and then tried out one of those pasta side dishes, Creamy Parmesan.  You cook up the noodles with bits of dried stuff, like red peppers, you then add the flavor packet and ½ a cup of mayo.  It was passable but the fish was delish!  The Professor and I sat and watched Secretariat and enjoyed it immensly.  We are definitely enjoying U-Verse!  I do get after the Professor and his lead finger on that remote though. I told him last night I was going to thump him over his head with it if he didn't stop changing the channel on me.

Well as I blathered on I forgot to mention I have a nice chuck roast in the crock pot with some onion, carrots, potatoes and a can of cream of mushroom soup.  Professor isn't a big beef eater, he likes chicken and fish, not seafood.  But I have found that in 3½ months of domestic bliss that he is a chicken and ketchup chef...there is an endless combination of chicken with rice, noodles or potatoes with ketchup to season it all!  Yummy!!!!  (You do understand I say that tongue in cheek, right?)
I bought some pink tapered candles to inhabit my chandlier style centerpiece, there were some white ones in there.  I like it with the pink much better and am still considering spray painting it a different color, but haven't decided which color yet.
I did find some dandelion root capsules at Hy-Vee this morning, 100 capsules $6.99 and it says to take 3 capsules twice a day.  I did take 3 but it will take a few days to know if it really works.  In a previous post I complained about my feet swelling in the summer.  Yes I know Diet Pepsi has sodium in it but I ain't giving that up, you hear me? 

My Mom and Princess Jujubead went up to Chicago for the Connolley family reunion picnic.  They visited the family cemetaries and then had a great time with cousins at the picnic.  Mom saw lots of her cousins and my sister met them and got tons of pictures, so I want to pop the cd she burnt me to look at them.

My temperate and warmhearted readers I hope you are all taking care of yourselves and keeping cool and refreshed but enjoying the warmth and glow of summer.  All too soon we will be grumbling about how cold it is and we can't wait for summer, I know I do that.  I am looking forward to enjoying seeing the Professor deal with these bitter, snow infested Missouri winters.  I will enjoy regaling all of you with his trials and tribulations as the Carribbean Prince slips and slides his way through the bounty of frigid temperatures!  God Bless Us Everyone!

No comments: