Saturday, August 13, 2011

And they finally came, but took the wrong thing!

Hello dear readers!  I wanted my first picture to be a spiffy picture because when I link this missive to Facebook it picks up on the first photo in the entry.  I did get a new Scentsy lamp and I think it is mighty cute.  I put it on the dining room table to delight my nose as I sliced and diced onions for my tomato dish.  It was raining and the scent I selected to diffuse was "Thunderstorm".  Am I clever or what?
The Thicket got a thorough soaking yesterday as we had several rounds of rain move through. I was twirling in delight as my U'verse TV stayed on which is decidedly different then with DTV which lost it's signal in rain storms.  The miracle of fiber optic television!

The Mums were enjoying the rain coming down.  They got a good soaking and they look so pretty and cheerful even in the greyness of an overcast day. You know we paid $4.50 for these Mums on Tuesday and on Wednesday they were on sale for 3 for $10!  I was not happy when I saw that in the ad.
As I previously stated I was slicing and dicing vegetables for Hip Hop Dot's recipe for tomato relish.  Heirloom tomatoes from my mother's neighbor, onion, cucumber, banana pepper and Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing.  Oh it is so yummy and the Professor loves it.  I took some over to Mom's when we dropped off the pretty Mum we got for her.
Easy Pasta Salad is what I whipped up for the Professor and I yesterday evening.  It was pretty good although the next time I want to use grilled chicken rather then pan cooked chicken.  Professor really liked this and it was easy to make.  There is plenty left over for him to eat this weekend while I work.


 Easy Pasta Salad
  • 1 package chicken tenders
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 package (12 oz.) fettuccine pasta, uncooked
  • 1 package (16 oz.) frozen vegetable mix
  • 1/2 cup bottled Caesar or Italian dressing
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper


  1. In large skillet, saute chicken in vegetable oil over medium heat until done. (Insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 degrees F). Cook pasta according to directions.
  2. Add vegetables to pasta last 5 minutes of cook time. Drain pasta and vegetables and mix with chicken, dressing and basil.
Mix well; cook until heated through. Add cheese; toss to coat pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh bread, if desired. Serves: 4
I received my Just Cross Stitch magazine in the mail.  I love several of the Halloween ornaments in this issue and NO the Applebee's card did not come with it.  I just wanted to cover my mailing address.  Deb of Tempting Tangles has a delightful Halloween design in there.  Love her stuff.  What really caught my eye was....
this design of 4 pumpkins designed by Marie Barber.  I love this and will have to get the floss and fabric!
The Professor and I ran up Price Chopper to get some ground beef for the hamburger stroganoff I made and brought to work today.  Well I found a jade plant that I could replace in the pot with the dead ivy.  Maybe I can do a good job of killing this.

Remember in March when I was campaigning for a visit from the underpants gnomes to come steal the dirt in my corners?  Well they came but they didn't take the dirt in the corners.  "Honey...have you seen my green and my red briefs?  Could we have left them at the laundromat?"  Well none of my clothing is missing, or my underpants so....then I had an epiphany...notice the color scheme in the above pic of the underpants gnomes and now I have no doubts about what happened to the Professor's red and green underpants.  Those darned boogers paid us a visit! 
Yes, yes dears, it is time once again to close.  I know it is painful and unpleasant but you are made of tough stuff.  Oh and if anyone sees the gnomes dragging a pair of green and a pair of red men's briefs, they belong to the Professor and he would be glad to get them back.  God Bless Us Everyone!

No comments: