As I previously stated I was slicing and dicing vegetables for Hip Hop Dot's recipe for tomato relish. Heirloom tomatoes from my mother's neighbor, onion, cucumber, banana pepper and Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. Oh it is so yummy and the Professor loves it. I took some over to Mom's when we dropped off the pretty Mum we got for her.
Easy Pasta Salad is what I whipped up for the Professor and I yesterday evening. It was pretty good although the next time I want to use grilled chicken rather then pan cooked chicken. Professor really liked this and it was easy to make. There is plenty left over for him to eat this weekend while I work.
Easy Pasta Salad
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen vegetable mix
- 1/2 cup bottled Caesar or Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In large skillet, saute chicken in vegetable oil over medium heat until done. (Insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 degrees F). Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add vegetables to pasta last 5 minutes of cook time. Drain pasta and vegetables and mix with chicken, dressing and basil.
I received my Just Cross Stitch magazine in the mail. I love several of the Halloween ornaments in this issue and NO the Applebee's card did not come with it. I just wanted to cover my mailing address. Deb of Tempting Tangles has a delightful Halloween design in there. Love her stuff. What really caught my eye was....
this design of 4 pumpkins designed by Marie Barber. I love this and will have to get the floss and fabric!