Saturday, December 6, 2008

Days off and Day Dreams

This is the first installment of the 2009 EMS Stitch Along, An Advent Calender. I am not much of a fan of Advent Calenders but I really like the colors and the small motifs. I look forward to seeing more of this design. I look forward to 2009, don't you?

Pictured above is the 2009 Boo Club Double Flip It. I like this very much being a Halloween Aficionado does that surprise me....NO!! I think I will join the club at Stitches 'n Things.
I am getting a great color in my Fabric of the Month Club from Stitches 'n Things. It is 28ct Ruby Wine Cashel Linen . Also there is a freebie coming this month I am excited about too! From BIZZI CREATIONS -- 'Tis The Season!
I have done some work on my Prairie Schooler. My days off were filled with sleep (I was having a fluttery heart problem), shopping for bra's at Lane Bryant with my Mother which are to be my Christmas gifts, watching movies which I will discuss tomorrow (gotta have something to yak about), cleaning house (oh the joy and pain in the posterior of it all), laundry at the laundromat (the lady was 25 minutes late opening the darn place, but it feels good to have clean underwear) and sewing a rice filled warmer for my Marilyn.
Yes my 3 days off were filled with lots of little things. I also had a devil of a time printing off 3 cute calendars for 2009, it's my computer. Plus I fell asleep before Ghost Hunters came on. DARN IT!!!!
Well it is quite cold here in the Lilac Thicket, winter is definitely upon us. My hands and feet are definitely victims of the cold as there is no insulating layer of fat on them to keep them warm. I am wearing a long sleeve tee shirt and a long sleeve sweat shirt and I am freezing in the darn call center.
It felt so good to sit in front of my sewing machine. I have been dreaming of all the fabric that I have seen on FABRIC.COM and imagining all the lovely things I could create. They have Dupioni Silk on sale for 6.98 a yard and it is 54" wide. Gosh it has a beautiful. All the colors are so rich and wonderful. I was thinking what beautiful front room drapes it would make and also a very simple but elegant dress, empire waist and short sleeves! Dream on!!
Well, I suppose I will sign off from the Lilac Thicket and try to light a fire to keep myself warm. Have a wonderful weekend.





































































No comments: