Monday, November 7, 2011

Look, Book, Cook

Lookie at my progress on the little old Quaker heart.  Above is what I finished Sunday and compare it to the last progress shot of 3 weeks ago below.  Now understand I haven't touched it in 3 weeks.
The bottom most red stripe...done and the beginning of the bottom most gold stripe started.  Maybe next year I will get it finished, LOL!
When the Professor and I were in the Salvation Army Thrift Shop I had seen and was interested in the above titled book, but it was $2.00 and I didn't have that to spend on another book, no matter how little two bucks seems.  Today when I walked out of the kitchen into the empty garage to talk with the Professor, I glanced over at a book shelf and this book caught my eye, the very book I had been interested in.  Well, I don't remember buying it but I was as giggly as a school girl, like I had just seen a boy I liked.  Professor wondered what I was happy about, especially since I told him I couldn't wait to go to bed and snuggle up.......with this book!  He wasn't amused.  I guess I am in awe of the power of God, He really wanted me to have this book as trival as that may seem, so insignificant.  I'll bet He popped in our garage and deposited it right there in that spot and then made me pause long enough out there in one spot to find it.  I swear I don't remember buying it!  Lord, thank you for this gift!
Well the Professor and I enjoyed a Sunday dinner with Country Oven Fried Chicken and real (not instant) mashed potatoes.  I will definitely be making that chicken again, it was great.  You can find the recipe here: http://lilacthicketcooks.blogspot.com

A WAY-Y-Y cute ornament, love it!  You can find the free  pattern over at Penelope's.  Use this link to get there: http://penelopisfreebies.blogspot.com/2011/03/budka-dla-ptaszkahouse-for-bird.html

I am addicted to Pinterest, I could spend forever there getting ideas for my home and hobbies.  Check it out: http://pinterest.com/



God Bless Us Everyone!

No comments: