Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stitch Alongs, stitchin' a bit and so many projects

The above picture is from the Lizzie Kate Monthly. As of now I have 5 months stitched. It might be a good goal for this year to finish the rest. What do ya think?



Well, Miss Meri is back on-line with her scissors series freebie. It is nice to see her back. She has cameo scissors as her current offering.
http://meriwanderer.blogspot.com/search/label/Cameo%20Scissors



Ellen Maurer Stroh has begun her 2009 project, the Advent Calendar. Parts 1 & 2 are available now for download. http://www.maurer-stroh.com/project2009_introduction.html I was thinking of making each it's own little draw string bag and a little treat can be put into each bag.



I was looking at Vermillion Stitchery's web site to see what the theme for her freebies would be this year, if she was offering them this year. Nothing is on the web site at this time. However her monthly snowmen for 2008 are all there and some are rather cute, so download them now. http://www.vsccs.com/Sample%20Designs/SampleDesigns.html



Here is another SAL that I will definately enjoy: http://grillesdemaryse.canalblog.com/archives/sal_collection_de_pinkeeps/index.html
I love all of Maryse's designs, one of her's is on my Wish List. I really like this month's pin Keep! I think these would make nice ornaments also. Of course, the ideas are endless as to how one could use them! How about a big piece of fabric with each month's design as a pocket for stitchy stuff!
I did stitch on my When Witches Ride a little on my days off. I received the small order I placed with 1-2-3 Stitch. It is a small Mickey and a small Minnie Mouse head. I want to stitch a name pillow for my supervisor Jennifer in her favorite color with M&M on it. She is a nut for all Mickey stuff. It will be for her birthday which is May 13th.
Lots of things to do and I am so very slow! I suppose it means I shall never be bored. So for now I will sign off from the Lilac Thicket, dreaming big!!!

No comments: