Thursday, January 8, 2009

Boo Club, Stashing and Framing

A trip to C.C. & Company yielded stash. I picked up the first 3 Lizzie Kate "Boo Club" designs and the fabric which is 30 count Mocha. The fabric was 30% off! I purchased another Lizzie Kate design which is below. I was thinking the designs would make cute presents.
Spring Violets was a shop model and Cathy and Crew had stitched it on a lighter colored fabric Picture It Plus "Moonglow" in 28 ct. The leaflet calls for Needlepoint Silk but the Crew changed it to WDW colors Palomino, Kudzo, Concord, Oak, Havana & Schneckly and GAST Cornhusk. I really like that version. I had a $5.00 off birthday coupon that I received in the mail and I used it.

Carolyn at C. C. helped me pick a frame for Beverly's Inital Fairy. No matting, just frame and glass. I had a devil of a time getting that piece clean. I don't know exactly what was on my hands to soil the fabric so badly but, a little Dawn dishwashing liquid and a couple of applications got it pretty clean. There was one reddish spot which really didn't come all the way out but it will not show. I had a 40% off coupon for the framing and it brought it down to about $75.00.
Today is the first day in about 4 days which I have been headache free. I am just worn slick though. I am going to go in and take a nap. Actually I have to haul in the girlz food from the car. They are out of food and may consume me while I sleep if I don't.
It is sunny here in the Lilac Thicket. Tomorrow it may reach 60°! Wow that would be wonderful. This old girl will retire for now. Keep those needles flowing and don't get your floss in a knot!


No comments: