Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life in the Lilac Lane

Oh happy day my loveliest readers.  I have been oh so busy and that last thing that I have wanted to do is stop and blog.  Not that I don't want to regale you with tales of the Lilac Thicket but when I get in the mood I need to keep going.  If I stop, I lose my mojo! 


 We had our first shovelable snow Sunday the 12th into the 13th and the Carribean Prince just couldn't wait to get his hands on the shovel. 
Valentine's Day I was so envious of all the ladies at work with beautiful vases of roses.  I got home to a from scratch sponge cake, made and decorated with more love and thought then any vase of flowers ever bought and sent.  In fact this cake was the second one the Professor made.  The first didn't come out and he had to take a cold walk up to the grocery for more flour and eggs.  My thought now is, my delicious cake was more beautiful then any bunch of old flowers.  The Professor made this cake from memories of his mother making it back in Guyana, so that makes it more spectacular, don't you think?

This was the gift my dearest beloved received from his loving and gentle wife.  Yes it is a 50" Zenith plasma television.  Oh it is huge, it didn't look that big in the Sears!  The Professor is in love...with the t.v. not me!  When we went to the Thrift Shop yesterday we found the television stand for $7.50!  (Have you priced tv stands at WalMart and Sear?  OMG) It was half price, as was everything in the store.  It is great to see movies in high definition.  Maybe someday the Prince will love ME as much as the television.
 My happy room is coming right along.  We put the old kitchen table in under the window.  We dressed the window with some sweet blue flocked curtains that my mom gave us.  The ironing board was taken down after 8 years of permanent residence standing vigil under the window with a ton, and I do mean a ton, of crap stacked on top of it.
  The book shelves have been somewhat organized by the Professor, and dusted.  I have a several clear plastic storage containers and had everything sorted and up off the floor.
 I came home from work on Saturday to a husband meeting me at the door "you caught me".  My domestic God, the Professor sorted a bunch of stuff all in a heap all over the floor.  Can you spell "frustrated"?  I wanted to commit Professor-cide!   
 So after my Mother bailed me out of jail yesterday,  I came home and made a Mennonite recipe for Macaroni and Cheese.  I was disappointed because it wasn't cheesy enough for me.  But it hit the spot with baked BBQ chicken. 

That is the little bit of news going on here in my Lilac Thicket.  Thank you a lot for missing me.  Off I go to eat myself some dinner.  God Bless Us Everyone!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Gosh Sandi-Jo you must have heard me thinking about you last night (here in Australia). I read your blog all the time and I was only thinking that married life has taken you away from us here in blogger land. Are you managing to get any stitching done?
Your Professor is just gorgeous to make you that cake. How thoughtful and what a lovely way to say I Love You! Anyway thought I would just add a comment to let you know that you were missed.

Hugs Janine
http://makingatreechange-janine.blogspot.com.au/