Sunday, February 12, 2012

Help...there's a plant in the dog dish!

A simple update for my gentle readers, life is wonderful here in the cold, cloistered confines of the Lilac Thicket.  We are supposed to get some snow tonight, I suppose Old Man Winter is trying to remind us here that it IS winter.  I mean really friends...no snow in winter in Missouri...inconceivable!

The news on the Happy Room front is good.  We are now in the midst of arranging and organizing.  Hooray!  I am anxious to sit down with needle and thread and have a go at a neglected craft.

The Professor is in the midst of cleaning.  He wanted a plant, I am not really sure he is ready for the responsibility of such a living organism.  He promised HE would take care of it.  So I relented and I got him some spiky leaved thing that should grow into a tree.  When I gave it to him he asked "where should I put it"?  Well I then I started second guessing myself about the wisdom of allowing him the custodial rights over the plant. 

The victim is now sitting in a dog bowl on a small plant stand in front of the window.

I had to stop for a moment, the Professor was using a plastic pancake turner scrape the gunk out from under the burners.  Yuck, and then we use it on our food?  Makes me wonder what goes on when I am not home.  On the other hand, maybe it's best I don't know.

I am going to go to a baby shower here in a couple of hours.  My mother knitted a lovely white blanket with the softest yarn.  I forgot to get a pic for the blog, and I have it wrapped already.  I will try to get one at the shower.

I am trying to get the Professor to go to the shower with me, other guys are going.  So I bribed him, we can go to see the movie he wants to see, something like "Red Rear" or something like that.  It's the one about Tuskegee Airmen. Then we can go to Red Lobster.

Sorry, I almost had a heart attack, I thought the Professor was using Windex to clean off the top of my wooden clock that Brother 2 made us out of wonderful walnut.

I got I lovely Valentine card from my husband in the mail.  It will be our first Valentine's Day together.  We actually met 2/17/11, so we haven't known each other a year yet.

No comments: