Monday, September 5, 2011

No cherries...in the garage...girlish cuties...princely birthday

A landmark occasion!  The car is in the garage after 7 years!  The Professor has the garage cleaned out enough for our car to fit into it.  Just in time too!  Autumn has come a callin' here in the Lilac Thicket.  The air conditioning did not turn on at all yesterday..oh yes, we have a new air conditioner AND furnace!  I was so excited to be able to back in and pop the trunk and unload the food right into the kitchen.  No nosey Ned's got to see me tote in 256 plastic bags with groceries or grunt and groan and sweat as I lug a 40 pound bag of dog food in.  Well the Professor lugs in the dog food now. 
Saturday afternoon the Professor and I relaxed.  I napped and the Professor read.  I fixed fried rice which was pretty darn good.  Professor ate 2 huge plate fulls and played food critic only once in suggesting I should have used white rice rather then the yellow par-boiled. 
Sunday was the first birthday he and me have spent together.  My dear Professor was 48 years old yesterday.  I baked his favorite cake, pineapple upside down, minus the cherries (he ate them all ignorant of the fact they were for his cake, but then he didn't ask first). 
My Mom came over and celebrated with us.  Of course her favorite Caribbean Prince son in law made out like a bandit with all the presents she got for him. 
Here is a lovely shot of the cake, the cherries sure would have made a prettier picture.

Last night I make a pretty good pizza with one of those pre-baked pizza crusts.  His Majesty ate half of it, I swear he is a bottomless pit. 

The following pictures of are some girlishly cute things I found on the 'net!
http://ricochetandaway.blogspot.com/


 http://craftystaci.com/

Since it has been a week since I regaled my gentle readers with I wanted to just throw a missive out here in the blogesphere so you don't think I have forgotten you!  I am off work for several days so I am sure I will have more riveting tales for my pretties.  Until then God Bless Us Everyone!

No comments: