Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday, Monday, So good to me!

Good Morning all my wonderful friends.  It is grey and will soon be raining within the secluded boundaries of the Lilac Thicket.  Thankfully we will be spared of the snow which areas around our grotto will 1) enjoy 2) curse 3) pretend isn't there.  I woke up this morning wanting a coffee cake.  I went through my recipes and found none.  So I threw myself onto the Internet and found the recipe for the above Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake.  I halved the recipe but forgot to half the can of cherries so it is a little cherrified!  A clever domestic Goddess (meaning not me) could change the pie filling to apple, blueberry, pooh berries or any fruit filling.  I will make this one again.  You can find the recipe at the Lilac Thicket Cooks.  The link is on your upper right.  Oh yes, yesterday I added the No Oven Peanut Butter Squares there also, they taste like Peanut Butter Cups....yum! 

I am still adjusting to my new shift, 7am to 3:30pm.  I love it and my new position at work but it does take adjusting to.  My days off are Sunday and Monday.  Today I want to go to the bank and the Social Security office to get my name changed.  I have decided that I will remain married to the Professor, well he really does need me...oh and I kinda missed him while he was in New York for his mother's funeral.  So I need to become Mrs. Professor with the Social Security.
Princess Wiggle Wiggle will grace our family Christmas celebration this year.  I am very excited about that.  That little pumpkin is so much fun to be around.  She is a one toddler show!  At my Brother 2's birthday celebration she wanted to know why I had to go home.  I told her I had to call the Professor.  She started calling Professor's name at the top of her lungs.  It was so cute.
So I am getting so excited about the New Year.  I have all kinds of projects in mind for knitting and crocheting.  Not to mention cross stitch and crafting.  I have all kinds of ideas for presents for next year.  The above empty wine bottles were spray painted white and then sprayed with glue and rolled in Epsom salts.  I love these, what a pretty display and think maybe tapered candles in them too! 
This is another cute idea!  A bowl cozy from an old sweater sleeve!  You could use the body of the sweater for throw pillows and the sleeves for the cozies!  
Aren't these plastic containers cute dressed up as a snowman?  How cute to take something like this to a work party or a church brunch! 
Yup, clever, clever, clever!  I would never have thought of doing this.
This trivet is bottle caps that have been crocheted together!  You could make them for all holidays or even decor!  Simple to crochet, even I could do it! 
Everyday my dear and darling Professor is putting something else on the tree, see the lower right?  That is a Campbell Kid doll straddling a branch...I caught the poor thing trying to escape when the Professor wasn't looking.  I also never thought of extension cords as Christmas tree garland, but that's okay...it must be a Guyanese thing.

Well my kindred spirits I think I will close this entry and get dressed.  The Professor is washing dishes and I am here sitting on my rear.  Oh well, I have my priorities.  God Bless Us Everyone.

No comments: