Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stitching is not for the faint of heart!

This girlish girl has been on it.  I am so excited to share with you, the stitchy stuff I have been up to.  I have finished 4 UFO's in the past month.  I think I deserve to treat myself to start a new project, don't you?
I finished this Lizzie Kate design for my Princess Wiggle Wiggle.  Wouldn't you say that since she is a princess she deserves a crown?
The buttons held on with a length of thread with beads were such a pain in the pancreas but the results are darling.  You can enlarge the picture by clicking on it for a better view.

The difference in the floss on the green vines looks more apparent in the picture then in person.  The more I stitched the less I noticed the change.  My posse couldn't even tell which part of the vine was stitched with a different brand.

I think I will make this into a bed pillow for more function.  She can take this off to college with her in 15 years and have it brighten her dorm room with loving thoughts of her Auntie.
This is my third finish is a C Mon Monde design.  The design is called "Un Tour Dans Mon" which translates to "A Ride in My Bag".  She is stitched on 32 count Enchanted Night from Color Blooms.  She is darling and I kept thinking she reminds me of a Mary Poppins character with the umbrella. 

As far as how (and when) I will finish her, I had an idea for a trick or treat bag for Princess Wiggle Wiggle.
This is my fourth finish, a free design from AutyTM.  It is the 2011 Patriotic Quaker heart.  I used Crescent Colors Wavy Navy, Red Manor and Honey Bee.  I was surprised as the Navy ran when I washed it, I would have expected the red to.  You don't really notice it.  I did love the Manor Red color, very deep and rich.

How to finish....maybe an ornament.  The next Quaker Patriotic Heart I stitch I want to use a Tea Rose pink and a light blue and a ecru colored floss.  I think that would be pretty too!
The new project I am getting ready to start is "Pumpkin Farm" from Blackbird Designs.  Yesterday I went and bought the DMC as I could only find one skein of the GAST it called for and I didn't want to spend the money. 
So this morning I got up and started pawing about my Happy Room.  I went thru one storage box of fabric (I have 3) and pulled out a couple dozen choices and then threw the floss on them and pared it down to 3.  Top fabric in the picture is 30ct hand dyed linen Gold.  Middle fabric 28ct hand dyed cashel Mountain Mist and the bottom fabric is Kiwi Illusions 28ct lugana "Rimu".
I think I will take it all outside and look at the choices in the sunlight.  God Bless all of us and may the bounty of autumn fill your lives.
 
 

3 comments:

Miss LindaLee said...

Well hello there Sandi Jo! Love your post and my goodness you've been busy. Great job with all the lovely pieces. Your new chart will be great done up as well. Love the colors in it and I know right away which color I'd pick to stitch it on. It will be fun to hear what you chose.

Have been doing some Hardanger Embroidery around a finished piece that I have and I enjoy doing it. A little nervous about the cutting part, but I'll be ordering a new pair or two of scissors before I start that.

You have a wonderful weekend and I'll watch for your next post. Always love to hear what's going on in the thicket.
Cross’N My Stitches

Traffic Pulse India said...

I was suggested this web site by way of my cousin. I'm now not positive whether this publish is written by him as nobody else recognise such distinctive about my problem.You are wonderful! Thanks!
Punjab's Best Engg Colleges

Janine said...

Hi Sandi Jo, Have been following you for awhile now. Have missed your posts. Hope all is well with you?