Friday, August 10, 2012

Waving at the neighbors!



No you haven't stumbled into the wrong place, I did a bit of a face lift to the Lilac Thicket.  I updated the room with some appropriately girlish wallpaper and changed the color scheme to a different shade of pink.

I had a rough week at work as I told you about in the last post and barely hung on like a parched wanderer finally finding the desert oasis until my weekend started at 3:30pm yesterday! 

Wednesday evening I came home to dinner and a lovely bunch of flowers.  Aren't they sweet?  I tell you I did pick the right man this time.  I wouldn't trade my Caribbean Prince for all the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the whole world!  Even when he gets his nasty dirty fingerprints all over my laptop! Now ladies, that is saying something!
Last Friday the Professor and I made our round at our favorite Thrift Shop.  He gets mad at me when I tell people how much I pay for our fabulous finds.  I guess he wants folks to think we buy full price or something.  I just get excited about the nice little things we get that make our lives a little more robust on our meager earnings.  I think it might inspire people to realize new is not sophisticated, you can have a nice home or wardrobe at a fraction of the bucks.
Each of these pieces of fabric are 2 yards a piece and they were each $1.20, which is 60¢ a yard.
This pair of pillowcases...$1.00!! I think they are lovely!
This doily....$1.00! It will go in our living room which is blue! I need to place it under my lovely vase of flowers!

At work we have the plants changed every 2 weeks and they then give them away in a raffle instead of throwing them out.  I won, I won!  These are the ones that I really wanted to win too! I felt like I won a million dollars!
 
And the doctor crabbed at me about drinking too much Diet Pepsi, can you imagine?  I was NOT happy with him at all!  Drink more water...can you spell "Y-U-C-K"! So my Crazy Cat Carol gave me one of those little drink flavoring packets and it was good!  So now I have a selection.  I don't really care for the Lime Margarita one, I love the Peach Ice Tea one.  $1.87 for the Great Value at Wal-Mart.  The Lipton brand was $2.83 and I had coupons which brought it down to 2.23.  Okay, I am still drinking Diet Pepsi but only one or two a day, the rest is the water!
Okay, don't faint but there is stitching going on here in the Lilac Thicket.  I picked a UFO which happens to be a free design whose designer I can't remember or find at the moment.  It is on Navy Blue 28ct Lugana with Crescent Colors floss in "Cupid".  I love the red.  I figure I should have it finished by the end of the weekend.
When I finish the "I Love You", I want to start on this Lizzie Kate design "Happily Ever After" for my g-g niece Princess Wiggle Wiggle.  Yes, I would like to finish it before she can legally drink liquor!  Let's see...a fast calculation is 18 years to finish it, it will be a tight schedule, but if I buckle down I think it is doable!
Yes I am waving good bye and I would like to leave you with a visual.  I need to get to the laundry mat and so I have been hand washing snickers and hanging them outside to dry.  I go to retrieve them from the patio 2 nights ago and the Professor startled me as I didn't know he followed me out, "What are you doing?"  With raised snickers I wave them to the north, then the east and finally the south, "I am giving the neighbors one final good look!".  One never knows what they will see as they look out their back window towards the Lilac Thicket.

God Bless!


1 comment:

Miss LindaLee said...

I love your new look. Easy to read and the colors are great. Always enjoy reading what's up at the Lilac Thicket.

We went to our favorite second hand store today and I picked up some really neat things. I'll have to take pictures for my next post on my blog.

You have a wonderful weekend Sandi Jo.